In 2007, more people polled by Ipsos MORI identified crime as one of the most important issues facing Britain than any other concern. Yet according to data published this week, it is now
John Graham asks whether the evidence used in the recently launched UK Peace Index stands up to full scrutiny.
John Graham looks at why the Home Office's plans for direct entry to the police service must ensure that opportunities for 'promotion up the ranks' are not compromised.
The lack of ethnic diversity in the police service remains a concern despite improvements in recent years. Our Director looks at why this issue should remain on the policing agenda.
John Graham explains why a different approach to police training and supervision is needed when it comes to policing young adults.
More posts ...
- Police morale is a real issue
- Trust in the police
- When 'facts' become 'truth'
- MOPAC may need to think again
- Direct entry: a risky solution
- Roads policing isn't glamorous but it is important
- PCCs - getting down to business
- Remodelling the IPCC
- Get out the vote
- The hidden impact of organised crime
- Utmost discretion
- Can policing be bought and sold?
- Policing and the Recession
- Bobbies on the Tweet