The Police Foundation conducted an evaluation of community policing initiatives prior to the Home Office’s introduction of Neighbourhood Policing Teams. This report assesses current evidence to explore whether foot patrol can meet the high expectations of citizens and policy makers. Specifically, it addresses the following questions:
- What does the public expect from foot patrol?
- What models of foot patrol can be identified from the research evidence?
- What should be the main objectives of foot patrol, based on public expectations?
- Are these objectives being achieved?
Author: Alison Wakefield
ISBN:0 947692 39 8
- Download file: foot_patrol.pdf (opens in a new window.)