Improving police performance
9th January 2024
Who is this course for?
Are you a police officer or civilian with responsibility for managing or analysing police performance or do you work in a similar role in the wider public sector?
Are you helping your organisation improve the way it tackles crime or meets public demand?
Do you need to help your force to find the best way to use limited resources?
This course will give you the following tools:
- A practical framework to help you understand, maintain and improve your organisation’s performance.
- The tools to create real world objectives and to review your progress in achieving them.
- The confidence to identify genuine improvements in performance.
This course is for you if…
- You are working at a force, BCU or departmental level and you’re supporting your organisation to improve its performance.
- You are responsible for advising on police budgets and making savings.
- You work in organisational management and are helping your force to work more efficiently.
This course will answer these common questions:
- How can I avoid box ticking?
- What is the difference between ‘outputs’ and ‘outcomes’?
- What are ‘effectiveness’ and ‘efficiency’ and how can they be demonstrated?
- How can I show that my organisation, BCU or department is making progress?
- How can I make targets work for me without getting trapped in a target culture?
- How can I develop a healthy performance culture in my organisation, BCU or department?
This course has been developed by Malcolm Hibberd over two decades and includes everything he has learnt from teaching this subject to over 40 police forces across the UK.
Masterclass 2 will give a broad overview of organisational performance to address these and other important questions. It will provide you with a practical framework to help you understand, maintain and improve performance, and to make the best use of resources.
Malcolm brings all these concepts to life with practical examples, and some intriguing and sometimes challenging exercises.